A job well done!
Left to right: Hazel Duffy, Wendy Green, Carina Halliwell, Tracey King, Catherine Heaton, Nicola Disley, Jane Crook, & Janice Hough
On the 18th of Jun 2016 8 of the girls here at R Banks & Son took part in this years Race For Life Pretty Muddy® at Avenham Park in Preston.
Pretty Muddy® isn’t like any other fundraising event. It is a muddy obstacle course that women of any ability can climb over, crawl under, and charge through to show cancer that hell hath no fury like a woman in pink, and our girls didn’t disappoint!
Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer.
Cancer Research UK, are world leaders in finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. They want to create more tomorrows for more people which is why They’re determined to beat cancer sooner.
They receive no Government funding for our research. Their life-saving work relies on the money that you raise through sponsorship. It is from the support through events like Race for Life that helps them continue ground-breaking work and help more people survive cancer.
How your money can help Cancer Research UK
Each step we make towards beating cancer relies on each pound donated. Here are some examples of how the money you raise in sponsorship – big or small – can help us become cancer’s worst nightmare:
- £5 kits one of our research labs out with essential chemicals.
- £8 kits out our scientists with a lab timer, helping them to find out what makes a cancer cell tick.
- £20 buys a lab coat, box of gloves and goggles. Not only geek chic, but vital items to help our scientists carry out life-saving research.
- £30 covers the cost of a cervical cancer trial for one day.
- £70 pays for a Bunsen burner to help ignite ground-breaking research on a daily basis.
- £180 pays for one day of a trial to discover faster diagnosis and new therapies to treat brain cancer.
- £300 buys a hotplate to warm special solutions, turning up the temperature on ground-breaking research.
- £400 is the cost of running Cancer Chat for one day helping thousands of people through very difficult times.
Back left to right: Jane Crook, Janice Hough, Nicola Disley
Front left to right: Wendy Green, Carina Halliwell, Tracey King, Catherine Heaton, Hazel Duffy
Our team raised over £600 on this event alone, and had some fun along the way. This is the first fund raising event of the year but certainly wont be the last, we are looking to attend many more to raise more money to support research into finding a cure for this despicable disease.
Left to right: Catherine Heaton, Tracey King, Hazel Duffy, Wendy Green
On behalf of our team we would like to thank our shirt sponsors for their donations:
- Halliday Funeral Supplies
- Hills Florists Wigan
- Platinum Advertising
- Clarke & Strong
And a special thanks to anyone who donated to the cause, your support was immensely appreciated.